Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Well today was a great day. As I mentioned earlier, I have a great professor for my European history class. I also go to go to St. Benedict's (known as St. Bene'ts) and St. Botolph's churches to explore their salient features with my Gothic Architecture seminar group. After that I was planning on hanging out by the river for a bit, but I ended up taking a much needed nap. Then it was time to get ready for Formal Hall. We took a whole group photo (there are about 250 of us) in front of the chapel and then we had drinks ON THE GRASS. Definitely one of the highlights of the evening...everyone still seemed to be nervous about walking too far onto the grass. We then enjoyed a fantastic 3 course, candlelit Formal Hall in the Great Hall at King's. It was really nice with everyone all dressed up and waiters and all the PA's in their Cambridge robes. I do have a new goal now though...go to Cambridge so I can get robes and sit at the High Table in the Great Hall at King's. The High Table is where senior members of the college (in this case, the PA's) and fellows sit and it is located in one of the balconies that overlooks the Great Hall. After our fantastic dinner, everyone decided to go out so we went to a club called Revolution. On our way back to King's we met some King's grad students who are from the US so they gave us some useful information about applying to Cambridge for grad school. It was a really fun night but my feet are killing me and I have class at 9 so I really need to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment