Sunday, June 27, 2010

Cambridge!

Well yesterday we finally arrived in Cambridge. We took a train from King's Cross, but there was no time to get a picture at platform 9 3/4. Things have been totally nonstop since I got here on Thursday so the 45 minute train ride to Cambridge was incredibly enjoyable. Once we got here we went straight to King's College for registration. King's is too beautiful to describe. I don't think anyone can actually believe that we are Cambridge University students for the next two months and that we have the privilege of going to school here. I am living right in King's College. My room is fantastic (Check out the pictures on facebook). It is exactly what I wanted. I have a living room that looks out over the river and my bedroom looks out over a lovely courtyard. I can sit at my desk and watch people punt all day. I can't wait to give punting a try...even if I fall in the river it will be worth it. So after we threw our stuff in our rooms we went and did a little shopping and then I met up with Heidi at a pub to watch the England vs. Germany world cup match. It was incredible. The place was packed. There were two floors and a massive big screen tv. There were songs and chants and it was absolutely fantastic. Unfortunately, England lost so I won't be able to have that experience again until at least 2014.


After the match I went and unpacked. I have so much storage space in my room. It's really great. After that we went to our Welcome Dinner in the Great Hall. It looks exactly like Harry Potter. The food is incredible...basically it's a 5 star restaurant and Ray (the PC cafeteria for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about) is a fast food joint. Then we went out and sat by the river until we had to go to walk over to the Cambridge Union Society which is where we will be having orientation tomorrow. I met someone who is very good friends with someone I know from PC. Small world. After that we sat out by the river some more and watched a drunk English student keep jumping into the river after every punt that passed by.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment