Thursday, June 24, 2010

Cheers from the UK!

After some hassle and flight changes, I finally arrived in the UK today. I have managed to fall in love with England already. My connecting flight from Manchester to London was operated by bmi. The bmi crew wear adorable hats and are possibly the most pleasant people I have ever met. As we were flying over London, the first two distinct things I saw as I looked out the window were the London Eye and a double decker bus. After a ride on the Heathrow Express followed by a taxi ride, I arrived at our orientation hotel just as our meeting was starting and was pleasantly greeted by our Arcadia orientation staff member Nicky. The group that signed up for PKP through Arcadia is rather small...there are only ten of us, but it is definitely a good group. After our meeting Nicky took us all to dinner and then left us to enjoy the evening as we pleased. We all decided to take a stroll through Hyde Park which is right down the street from our hotel. It was wonderful. I should absolutely be sleeping right now but I needed to take advantage of my one free hour of internet access especially since my computer was having issues so I just got it to turn on. Tomorrow we have orientation stuff all morning then we are going to the Tower of London in the afternoon. Saturday is a free day so instead of exploring London (since we have a day trip back here with PKP) I'm going to Wimbledon (sorry Nick!)...I may even queue overnight and try to get center court tickets so I can see Rafa play!

4 comments:

  1. Yay!! I hope you're taking lots of pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi nicole-sounds like you.v alreay adapted to your environment. Keep me posted00 i love you~mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your there safe... enjoy, have fun and be safe!!! Lots of pictures!!!! Love you! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job, Nicole! We're very proud of you. Enjoy it b/c you'll be back and missing the cafes and casual strolls around town before you know it! -timmy

    ReplyDelete