Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Procrastination

As many of you probably know, I tend to procrastinate alot. It's even easier to procrastinate here because 1) it's summer, 2) i'm in Cambridge and 3) there is always something to do besides waste time on Facebook. I feel that I work better under pressure anyway (I did get a 100 on a paper that I researched and wrote in less than a day), but I'm sure things would be much easier if I didn't procrastinate quite so much. I had a 2000-4000 word paper (they are very clever here...using a word count instead of page numbers means that chaning the margins or font size is totally ineffective) due for my Gothic Architecture class today. Obviously I didn't start it until last night. I almost had to pull an all nighter, but luckily it didn't come down to that. Although it wasn't my best work ever, I think the paper came out just fine. We also got our midterms back today and I got an 'A' so I'm not really worried about the final which is the same format as the midterm, but longer. Dr. Oldfield is the craziest and funniest professor I have ever had and I've really enjoyed his course, but our course is coming to an end and I will be moving on to my Module Two Course- The British and Their Sports- which is also promising to be a great class.

I've also finally solidified some weekend plans. This weekend I will be visiting Oxford and Bath with Cassie, Heidi, Lauren, Barrett and Grace Ann. All of them really like Jane Austen so they will be visiting some famous Jane Austen related sights that I will not be going to because I dislike Jane Austen just about as much as I dislike Shakespeare. But I think we are all looking foward to seeing some great sights, such as the Roman baths, together.

I'm now wishing that I had gotten more sleep last night because today is turning out to be very busy. In a little while I am going on a walking tour of some of the other Cambridge colleges that I have not yet seen. After that I am attending a graduate studies question and answer session with Dr. Alan Dawson who is the Director of Intenational Programmes. After that I am going to the Town Bumps. I'll explain what bumps are (with pictures!) in my next post because I have to head over to the Union now.

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. But just think! If you hadn't procrastinated then I wouldn't have been able to keep you company (despite oovoo sometimes causing my computer to get overwhelmed and despite you leaving twice to take your power naps) and offer my support as we were both slaving away over our own respective writing assignments! :-D I did get mine done though - I only eneded up adding like two sentences to close it up lol but Carol liked it which is always a plus and she just offered a couple suggestions which I'll work on tonight. And I definitely plan to finish those corrections earlier than I did those other two sentences!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was reading this post, I just somehow knew that you would comment on it, Sarah. I have a feeling you won't be pursuing graduate studies at Cambridge after learning about their word count cleverness...

    Are you writing Dental school essays?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I am! This past week I've been working on my personal statement which hasn't been the most enjoyable of writing assignments but I finally do feel good about it. Luckily though, that's the last major bit of work I have to do for the application so I hope to have everything submitted by the beginning of next week!!

    ReplyDelete